RE: RE: ASUS K8N-DL Beta AKA PROBLEM: Devices behindPCO Express-to-PCI bridge not mapped

From: Sean Bruno
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 13:03:02 EST

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 09:33 -0500, Hodle, Brian wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I actually disabled the AGP bus entireley to prevent the mapping of a 64mb
> aperature when I recompiled. So did the BIOS update help you gents at all?
> The
> only thing it allows me to do now is Enable the ACPI SRAT and ACPI APIC
> without
> the computer hanging. Although now, I am having USB bus IRQ conflicts and
> the
> MB still won't correctly allocate resources.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Brian

Not much help here with the latest BIOS. There is actually a release
1004 version today on the ASUS web site.

Pretty much in the same board as you Brian. I will call ASUS today and
see if they can help me out. I have an open Case with them(#44951),
maybe all you K8N-DL owners can start calling in and get some kind of
traction on this issue...Or at least talk with their Linux folks.

Sean