Re: reiser4 vs politics: linux misses out again

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 15:50:20 EST

Richard B. Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 shevek@xxxxxx wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, commercial trolls have successfully taken away
linux's only ever chance to sweep the field.

It is now gone. OSX rocks harder than linux, the spotlight function is superb.

[SNIPPED....]

Sorry to feed the trolls, but I couldn't resist. Isn't OSX just
a commercial re-hash of BSD that Jobs "appropriated"? The performance
has been so poor with the PPC platform that Apple has been forced
to sign a pack with the devil and use ix86 in their future boxes.

s/pack/pact/

It's not at all clear that Apple had a choice, please read comp.sys.intel for a long discussion I won't repeat.

I'm not making this up! It would have been nice to have a competing
platform remaining to keep everybody honest. Now that Apple is
going Intel, we will be forced to use whatever the Indians provide.

Or download OSX and run it elsewhere, or...
--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)