Re: Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-final-V0.7.50-24

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 16:02:36 EST

* Karsten Wiese <annabellesgarden@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here come some numbers to back up the usefullness of
> CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC_FAST. (and to show that my patch actually works
> ;-)) All measurement where taken on an UP Athlon64 2Ghz running 32bit
> 2.6.12-RT-50-35 PREEMPT_RT on a K8T800 mobo.

thanks - the numbers are pretty convincing. I've applied most of your
patch (except the instrumentation bits), and it seems to work quite well
- one of my testsystems that had interrupt storms before can now run
IOAPIC_FAST. (i also enabled the option to be selectable for SMP kernels
too. If things work out fine we can make it default-on.) I've uploaded
the -50-39 patch with these changes included.

Ingo