Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Hubert Chan
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 16:05:48 EST

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 03:06:19 -0500, David Masover <ninja@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Hubert Chan wrote:

>> The main thing blocking file-as-dir is that there are some
>> locking(IIRC?) issues. And, of course, some people wouldn't want it
>> to be merged into the mainline kernel. (Of course, the latter
>> doesn't prevent Namesys from maintaining their own patches for people
>> to play around with.)

> What's the locking issue? I think that was more about transactions...

It was whatever was Al Viro's (technical) complaint about file-as-dir.
I don't remember exactly what it was. The technical people know what it
is (and the Namesys guys are probably working on it), and the exact
issue doesn't concern us non-technical people that much, so I don't feel
like looking it up. But if you want to, just look for Al Viro's message
in this thread.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@xxxxxxxxx> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA