Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 19:17:13 EST

If we also add to this the restriction that once you create the file
part of a file-directory, you can never hardlink to a child of it, it
should then all work, yes?

So, /filename/..../owner should be able to avoid colliding with any
common names by virtue of the '....', and not letting any filedir
(file-directory) have children with links to them should also work. The
one thing that seems inelegant is that when you create the file part of
a filedir, you must check all its children for hardlinks and fail if
they exist, and you must flag all its directory children so that the
plugins for them will disallow hardlinks to their children from that
point onward. Still, seems workable....

Thanks David,

Hans