Re: Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-final-V0.7.50-45

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 09:05:54 EST

* William Weston <weston@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here's the results of trying out everything from -50-45 through -51-01 on
> the SMT box:

thanks for the extensive testing!

> -51-01 won't boot:
>
> softirq-timer/1/13[CPU#1]: BUG in ____up_mutex at kernel/rt.c:1302

i have digged out an older HT-box .config of yours and have reproduced
an assert quite similar to the one above. Found one bug in that area:
the assert (conditional on RT_DEADLOCK_DETECT) was done a bit too early,
i have fixed this in my tree and have uploaded -51-02.

> BTW, -50-44 through -50-51 wouldn't compile on the UP Athlon box.

do the 51-02 (and later) kernels work on the UP Athlon box?

> -50-43 appears to be rock-solid under the UP non-debug config. After
> hammering on it all weekend, Maximum wakeup latency was 14us (from
> running JACK, phasex, burnK7, dd, and switching from X to text console
> all at once).

great!

Ingo