Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Markus Törnqvist
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 03:36:26 EST

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 05:54:46PM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:

>Which would neither need VFS changes nor be dependent on Reiser4 in
>any way, so I don't see why this thread lives on. Just get down to
>business and implement this metafs =)

I've been gone for a while and suddenly drowning in mail...

Anyway, I don't really like the metafs thing.

To access the data, you still need to refactor userspace,
so that's not a real advantage. Doing lookups from /meta
all the time, instead of in the file-as-dir-whatever...

And the best thing to do would be to bring these "Reiser4-specific"
enhancements to every FS.

--
mjt