Re: enhanced intel speedstep feature was Re: speedstep-centrino on dothan

From: Joseph Pingenot
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 15:55:27 EST

>Just a latest question: can be p4-clockmod used together with
>speedstep-centrino? If not, would it make any sense to patch
>speedstep-centrino to use this feature too?

I'm a little confused. How is this different from the ACPI CPU throttling
states (/proc/acpi/processor/CPUn/limit to set, throttling to see all
T-states available)?
On my 1.5-year-old Pentium-M, frequency scaling and T-states are different
beasties, and act entirely differently. I'm currently in the process of
rewriting my governor's brain to deal with the two more intelligently.

-Joseph

--
Joseph===============================================trelane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Graduate Student in Physics, Freelance Free Software Developer