Re: [OT] SCSI Printer on AIC78XX without SCSI Terminator

From: Brian O'Mahoney
Date: Sun Jul 10 2005 - 19:55:11 EST

First, normal (non-differential) SCSI is an OpenCollector bus design
which simply wont work without a terminator and is designed to use
exactly two(2) terminators, one at each end of the bus, these both
provide a pull up and terminate the bus to prevent reflections. Also
the longer and faster the bus the more you depend on correct termination
e.g. 130 ohm - +3.3V

For much more detail, including external terminators please see

http://www.scsita.org/aboutscsi/SCSI_Termination_Tutorial.html

Second, there is usually a built in terminator in the AIC7xxx
adaptor, usually enabled in the SCSI BIOS.

Also check your device for negotiable SCSI options, eg SYNC, OFFSET

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen, Brian.