Re: realtime-preempt-2.6.12-final-V0.7.51-11 glitches [no more]

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 11:03:15 EST

* Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After several trials, with CONFIG_PROFILING=y and profile=1
> nmi_watchdog=2 as boot parameters, I'm almost convinced I'm doing
> something wrong :)
>
> - `readprofile` always just outputs one line:
>
> 0 total 0.0000
>
> - `readprofile -a` gives the whole kernel symbol list, all with zero times.
>
> Is there anything else I can check around here?

it means that the NMI watchdog was not activated - i.e. the 'NMI' counts
in /proc/interrupts do not increase. Do you have LOCAL_APIC enabled in
the .config? If yes and if nmi_watchdog=1 does not work either then it's
probably not possible to activate the NMI watchdog on your box. In that
case try nmi_watchdog=0, that should activate normal profiling. (unless
i've broken it via the profile-via-NMI changes ...)

Ingo