Re: [NOT solved] Kernel 2.6.12 + IO-APIC + uhci_hcd = Trouble

From: Michel Bouissou
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 16:30:02 EST

Le Lundi 11 Juillet 2005 22:58, Michel Bouissou a écrit :

> Oh no :-(

Well, I give up for tonight :-(

This time I rebooted with the mouse disabled in BIOS, with the usb-handoff
option, with the scanner unplugged... And it went wrong simply by itself.
"irq 21: nobody cared!"

The only thing I'm sure about is that there is something either with UP
IO-APIC support, or with the uhci_hcd module.

When both are combined, as you can see, this is completely unstable. One time
it works, one time it doesn't.
But if I use a kernel compiled without UP IO-APIC, or if I boot an
IO-APIC-capable kernel with the "noapic" option, then the problem is gone,
and it is stable (really, this time).

But of course, I don't have no IO-APIC anymore...

[root@totor etc]# cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 423482 XT-PIC timer
1: 1083 XT-PIC i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
4: 1106 XT-PIC serial
7: 1543 XT-PIC parport0
10: 3527 XT-PIC uhci_hcd:usb3, eth0, eth1, VIA8233
11: 24934 XT-PIC ide0, ide1, ide2, ide3, uhci_hcd:usb2,
ehci_hcd:usb4
12: 13809 XT-PIC uhci_hcd:usb1, nvidia
14: 3245 XT-PIC ide4
15: 3254 XT-PIC ide5