Re: Kernel 2.6.12 + IO-APIC + uhci_hcd = Trouble

From: Michel Bouissou
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 12:10:46 EST

Le Mardi 12 Juillet 2005 16:12, Alan Stern a écrit :

> Okay, the patch (for 2.6.12) is below. It does several things:
>
> Prevents the system from reading the port status registers,
> so the computer won't know when any devices are plugged in.
>
> Makes the system think there always is a device plugged in,
> so it will never automatically suspend the controllers.
>
> Leaves all the interrupt-enable bits turned off, so the
> controllers won't ever generate an interrupt request.
>
> Prints a message to the system log every time the interrupt
> handler is called.
>
> In case it's not already clear, when you install this patch the UHCI
> controllers will not be useable.

Okay, the patch applied easily and the kernel is now compiling. When
installed, I'll try and boot it (and will use a PS/2 mouse instead of my
current USB mouse, or should I rather try to plug my USB mouse to the
ehci_hcd controller ?).

How would you like me to boot ? With or without the "usb-handoff" option ?
With or without the BIOS "USB mouse support" option ?

And once booted, what information will you be interested in ?

--
Michel Bouissou <michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E