Re: Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-final-V0.7.50-24

From: William Weston
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 19:06:08 EST

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * K.R. Foley <kr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Is this why I have been able to boot the latest versions without the
> > noapic option (and without noticeable keyboard repeat problems) or has
> > it just been dumb luck?
>
> yes, i think it's related - the IO-APIC code is now more robust than
> ever, and that's why any known-broken system would be important to
> re-check.

Just brought the SIS based Xeon box up on -51-28 with CONFIG_IOAPIC_FAST
and without the noapic option, and all is well. On -50-43, noapic was
needed to avoid the spurious interrupt and APIC error on CPU0 messages.

Are there any non-SIS chipsets out there that need the sis_apic_bug
checks? What about IOAPIC_POSTFLUSH?

--ww