Re: 2.6.9: serial_core: uart_open

From: Russell King
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 03:29:11 EST

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 10:53:19AM -0700, karl malbrain wrote:
> I've also noticed that the boot sequence probes for modems on the serial
> ports. Is it possible that 8250.c is having a problem servicing an
> interrupt from a character/state-change left over from this initialization?

I did ask for a process listing a while back. I don't want to
speculate on possible causes until we have some real information
from the system as to what's going on.

Please run up your test program and get the machine into the
problematic state. Let it remain like that for about 2 minutes,
and then run via a telnet session or other window:

ps aux > /tmp/ps-forrmk.txt

and send me that file.

--
Russell King