Re: console remains blanked

From: Albert Herranz
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 05:19:15 EST

Hi,

--- Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
escribió:
> The console is unblanked when you hit a key (or
> probably move a mouse too),
> not when some application outputs something on
> stdout/stderr/etc.

Before 2.6.12-rc2, the console was unblanked by just
writing to the console.
For keyboardless and mouseless systems (which is my
case, embedded) this new behaviour is a bit annoying.

> Which kernel versions have this patch? I'm on
> 2.6.13-rc1 and have no problems
> with unblanking.

I have this problem since 2.6.12-rc2.
If I add back the patch hunk specified in my original
message, the blanking behaviour changes to that
present in pre-2.6.12-rc2 kernels.

I just would like to know if this new behaviour is
just intentional and makes sense to everyone (except
me :-)

Thanks for your feedback,
Albert