Re: console remains blanked

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 06:39:26 EST

>Before 2.6.12-rc2, the console was unblanked by just
>writing to the console.
>For keyboardless and mouseless systems (which is my
>case, embedded) this new behaviour is a bit annoying.

Interesting. I have observed the following (2.6.13-rc1 and a little
earlier):
mplayer bla.avi -vo cvidix
After the blanking time, all chars turn black[1] but are still "visible"
thanks the movie in the background - a vga palette manipulation to the entries
0-15 as it seems. This is quite different to writing 80x25 the space character.

Jan Engelhardt