Re: [rfc patch 2/2] direct-io: remove address alignment check

From: Joel Becker
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 14:16:48 EST

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 10:50:46AM -0700, Badari Pulavarty wrote:
> I believe some OSs do buffered IO, if there is a problem with alignment.

That's what I said. They all do buffered I/O if the alignment
is not 512B. They do _not_ try to accept alignments that are smaller.
There's no good reason to. It just adds needless complexity.

Joel

--

"I think it would be a good idea."
- Mahatma Ghandi, when asked what he thought of Western

http://www.jlbec.org/
jlbec@xxxxxxxxxxxx