RE: 2.6.9 chrdev_open: serial_core: uart_open

From: karl malbrain
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 16:20:15 EST

Could tty_io.c be all that changed by a small set of red-hat patches to
2.6.9? Why would they need to go in there to make so many changes in the
first place? Which 2.6 release changed tty_io.c's use of tty_sem so
heavily?

This conflict between main-line/redhat looks much worse than the unix sysV
r4.0 divergence after 3.2. Ouch.

Thanks for your help, though. karl m