Re: Sandisk Compact Flash

From: Norbert van Nobelen
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 15:06:49 EST

So then you will have to reboot sometimes. BTW, IDE can be hot swapped if you
are carefull:
Umount the device,
unplug it.
Plug in the same device (same model)
Remount.
A bit risky to your hardware, but I have used this way for harddisks several
time when a system has to keep running. Never used it for compact flash
though.

Another option: Buy an USB card controller or a pcmcia controller for in your
pc. Costs about $10,-