Avoiding BIGMEM support programatically.

From: vamsi krishna
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 09:59:15 EST

Hello All,

I have a program working fine on a 2.6.xx-smp kernel, and the program
crashes on the same version kernel with bigmem i.e (2.6.xxx-bigmem).

I also found that for a same executable on bigmem kernel the virtual
address's of '&_start' and '&_etext', seem to vary in every new run.

Is there any way I can avoid the kernel's bigmem virtual address
mapping programatically? and still run the program on a bigmem kernel?

Really appreciate your help in this context.

Best Regards,
Vamsi Kundeti.