Re: [announce] 'patchview' script

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 15:23:13 EST

>Hi,
>
>Someone asked me about a tool like this and I didn't know of one,
>so I made this little script.
>
>'patchview' merges a patch file and a source tree to a set of
>temporary modified files. This enables better patch (re)viewing
>and more viewable context. (hopefully)
>
>Are there already other tools that do something similar to this?
>(other than SCMs)

I use unionfs for this purpose because it avoids copying around the full
kernel tree. This is also good for applying or rediffing in general, since
after you unmount the union, the "delta directory" contains only modified
files and you can use diff -Pdpru 2.6.13-rc1 deltadir to get a PGP - a pretty
good patchfile. :)

Jan Engelhardt