a 15 GB file on tmpfs

From: Bastiaan Naber
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 07:17:41 EST

Hi,

I am not sure if I can ask this here but I could not find any other place
where I could fine anyone with this knowledge.

I have a 15 GB file which I want to place in memory via tmpfs. I want to do
this because I need to have this data accessible with a very low seek time.

I want to know if this is possible before spending 10,000 euros on a machine
that has 16 GB of memory.

The machine we plan to buy is a HP Proliant Xeon machine and I want to run a
32 bit linux kernel on it (the xeon we want doesn't have the 64-bit stuff
yet)

Thanks in advance,
Bastiaan