Supermount

From: Lasse KÃrkkÃinen / Tronic
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 16:05:28 EST

Is there a reason why this magnificient piece of software is not already
in the mainline? It seems to be working very well and provides
functionality that simply isn't available otherwise.

For those who are not familiar with it: this system does on-demand
mounting when the mount point is accessed and automatically umounts
afterwards. Unlike autofs, this does not require a special automount
filesystem to be mounted, but the actual filesystems can be directly
mounted where-ever. Also, it "just works" and the CD drive will eject
when the button is pressed, without having to wait for the umount
timeout to pass. I haven't looked inside to find out HOW it actually
does it, because I simply don't care, as long as it just works.

- Tronic -