Re: 2.6.13-rc3-mm1 (ckrm)

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 09:36:07 EST

On Gwe, 2005-07-22 at 00:53 -0400, Mark Hahn wrote:
> the fast path slower and less maintainable. if you are really concerned
> about isolating many competing servers on a single piece of hardware, then
> run separate virtualized environments, each with its own user-space.

And the virtualisation layer has to do the same job with less
information. That to me implies that the virtualisation case is likely
to be materially less efficient, its just the inefficiency you are
worried about is hidden in a different pieces of code.

Secondly a lot of this doesnt matter if CKRM=n compiles to no code
anyway