Re: a 15 GB file on tmpfs

From: Bernd Eckenfels
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 11:26:47 EST

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 01:00:18PM +0200, Stefan Smietanowski wrote:
> > You cant have 16GB of Memory with 32bit CPUs.
> PAE
> CONFIG_HIGMEM64G
> Supports a 36bit address space, which Xeons do support.

Yes right, I was just not aware recent hardware (still) supports that. I
mean even mit 2MB modules most of them are specified only to 8GB. I would
consider buying such a system quite foolish. All of the HP servers with 12GB
and more seem to support EM64T. Do you know vendors who ship non-EM64T
servers with more than 16GB?

Gruss
Bernd
--