RE: Kernel cached memory

From: John Pearson
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 16:54:44 EST

Wouldn't having (practically) all your memory used for cache slow down
starting a new program? First it would have to free up that space, and then
put stuff in that space, taking potentially twice as long. I think there
should be a system call for freeing cached memory, for those that do want to
do it.