Re: Giving developers clue how many testers verified certain kernelversion

From: Alejandro Bonilla
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 22:17:28 EST

Lee Revell wrote:

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 20:07 -0500, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:

I will get flames for this, but my laptop boots faster and sometimes responds faster in 2.4.27 than in 2.6.12. Sorry, but this is the fact for me. IBM T42.

Sorry dude, but there's just no way that any automated process can catch
these.

I'm not looking for an automated process for this. But for all in general, when moving from 2.6.11 to 2.6.12 or from any version to another. (At least in the same kernel branch)

You will have to provide a detailed bug report (with numbers) like
everyone else so we can fix it. "Waiting for it to fix itself" is the
WORST thing you can do.

I never do this, believe me, but I could if I don't really see a problem. But there could really be one behind.

If you find a regression vs. an earlier kernel, please assume that
you're the ONLY one to notice it and respond accordingly.

OK, I will, but I first of all need to learn how to tell if benchmarks are better or worse.

Lee

.Alejandro