Re: Giving developers clue how many testers verified certain kernelversion

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 22:38:22 EST

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Lee Revell wrote:

> Con's interactivity benchmark looks quite promising for finding
> scheduler related interactivity regressions.

I doubt that _any_ of the regressions that are user-visible are
scheduler-related. They all tend to be disk IO issues (bad scheduling or
just plain bad drivers), and then sometimes just VM misbehaviour.

People are looking at all these RT patches, when the thing is that most
nobody will ever be able to tell the difference between 10us and 1ms
latencies unless it causes a skip in audio.

Linus