Re: US Robotics (Hardware) Modem Not Detected

From: Brad Davis
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 18:58:42 EST

On 7/27/05, Brad Davis <enrock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7/27/05, Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > serial8250_init does not contain any such message, so you're not
> > running a mainline kernel, but some patched version. Are these
> > patches available somewhere?
>
> I'm compiling from the Ubuntu (based on Debian) sources. I'll either
> download a clean kernel source tonight and try it out or try remove
> the patches to the serial driver and try that.

OK. I got the modem working. I used the Ubuntu sources (2.6.10), but
replaced the serial driver code with the pristine code from 2.6.10.
I'll have to follow up with the debian or ubuntu people.

Thanks for the help, and sorry to have bothered you with a
distribution specific issue.

Brad
--
enrock@xxxxxxxxx