Re: [patch 2.6.13-rc3] sis190 driver

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 05:14:57 EST

Pascal CHAPPERON <pascal.chapperon@xxxxxxxxxx> :
[...]
> sis190-120 compiles, loads but does not work (sis190_init_phy() function).
>
> # service network start
> Bringing up loopback interface: [ OK ]
> Bringing up interface eth0:
> Determining IP information for eth0... failed; no link present. Check cable?
> [FAILED]

Thanks, your report/dmesg are welcome.

Lars noticed that the link status is not correctly reported and suggested
a few changes. Can you check if the version below works better ?

Single file patch:
http://www.zoreil.com/~romieu/sis190/20050730-2.6.13-rc4-sis190-test.patch

Patch-kit:
http://www.zoreil.com/~romieu/sis190/20050730-2.6.13-rc4/patches

Tarball:
http://www.zoreil.com/~romieu/sis190/20050730-2.6.13-rc4.tar.bz2

If it does not pass the network init, can you issue
- ifconfig eth0 blah, blah by hand
- mii-tool -vvv eth0

I'll send the whole serie of patches to netdev/akpm.

Jeff, do you want that I publish it in some git repo as well ?

--
Ueimor