Re: revert yenta free_irq on suspend

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 18:05:32 EST

On Sunday, 31 of July 2005 00:24, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > > 11: 57443 XT-PIC yenta, yenta, eth0
> >
> > Thanks. It looks like eth0 gets a yenta's interrupt and goes awry.
> > Could you please tell me what driver the eth0 is?
>
> CONFIG_VORTEX drivers/net/3c59x.c:
> 0000:02:00.0: 3Com PCI 3c905C Tornado at 0xec80. Vers LK1.1.19

Thanks again. From the first look the suspend/resume routines of the driver
are missing some calls. In particular, with the IRQ-freeing patch for yenta it is
likely to get an out-of-order interrupt as I suspected.

Linus has apparently dropped that patch for yenta, but in case it is
reintroduced in the future you will probably need a patch to make the network
driver cooperate. I'll try to prepare one tomorrow, if I can, but I have no hardware
to test it.

Greets,
Rafael

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.