Re: Fw: sigwait() breaks when straced

From: Ulrich Drepper
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 02:13:33 EST

On 7/31/05, Roland McGrath <roland@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, there is in fact no bug here. The test program is just wrong.
> sigwait returns zero or an error number, as POSIX specifies.

No question, no error is detected incorrectly.

But sigwait is not a function specified with an EINTR error number.
As I said before, this does not mean that EINTR cannot be returned.
But it will create havoc among programs and it causes undefined
behavior wrt to SA_RESTART. I think it is best to not have any
function for which EINTR is not a defined error to fail this way.
This causes the least amount of surprises and unnecessary loops around
the userlevel call sites.