Re: Mouse Freezes in Xorg on ASUS P4C800 Deluxe

From: cengizkirli
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 06:12:18 EST

On 7/28/05, cengizkirli <cengizkirli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It seems to work after comparing my .config with Andreas Baer's and also
> > setting USB Support to "built-in" and not "module". Somehow the modules
> > are unloaded or whatever. It seems to work now. Hopefully it will last...
> >

> now I know why I set USB to "module": with USB "built-in" it does not reboot.
> on Debian it just prints "Rebooting..." and that's all that happens. hmm, maybe
> ACPI related, though with 2.6.13-rc3-mm2 I don't get the "executable code
> found" ACPI warnings anymore but who knows.

it works with the following config:
- USB as "Module" not "builtin" to prevent reboot problems
- no USB HID support selected
- USB mouse attached via USB_to_PS/2 adapter

ergo, please be careful with attaching a USB mouse to the USB
port when you're forced to use one of those not-so-bugfree ASUS
boards like P4C800 Deluxe.