Re: Documentation - how to apply patches for various trees

From: Puneet Vyas
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 21:01:58 EST

Thanks for this wonderful effort! Add one more to the testing team.

~Puneet

Jesper Juhl wrote:

Hi,

How to apply the -rc, -git, -mm and the 2.6.x.y (-stable) patches is a quite
frequently asked question on LKML and elsewhere. Since so many people seem to be confused by this I gathered it ought to be properly documented once and for all so we a) get more people testing those trees and b) get asked this question less often.
So, I sat down and wrote such a document.