Re: [patch] preempt-trace.patch

From: Dominik Karall
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 06:43:20 EST

On Friday 05 August 2005 12:48, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think Ingo was planning on coming up with some infrastructure which
> > would allow us to debug this further.
>
> yeah. I've done this today and have split it out of the -RT tree, see
> the patch below. After some exposure in -mm i'd like this feature to go
> upstream too.
>
> the patch is against recent Linus trees, 2.6.13-rc4 or later should all
> work. Dominik, could you try it and send us the new kernel logs whenever
> you happen to hit that warning message again? (Please also enable
> CONFIG_KALLSYMS_ALL, so that we get as much symbolic data as possible.)

I tried to compile the patch on top of 2.6.13-rc4-mm1, it applied with a few
offsets, but it looked ok.
Here is the error I get when I compiled it:

CC arch/x86_64/kernel/traps.o
arch/x86_64/kernel/traps.c: In function `show_trace':
arch/x86_64/kernel/traps.c:228: warning: implicit declaration of function
`print_traces'
arch/x86_64/kernel/traps.c:228: error: `task' undeclared (first use in this
function)
arch/x86_64/kernel/traps.c:228: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
arch/x86_64/kernel/traps.c:228: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [arch/x86_64/kernel/traps.o] Error 1

I took a look at the traps.c file, but couldn't find any solution, as there is
no print_traces function and task variable too in this section.

dominik