2.6.12-ck5

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 21:51:24 EST

These are patches designed to improve system responsiveness and interactivity.
It is configurable to any workload but the default ck* patch is aimed at the
desktop and ck*-server is available with more emphasis on serverspace.

Apply to 2.6.12 (This includes all patches in 2.6.12.4):
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.12/2.6.12-ck5/patch-2.6.12-ck5.bz2
or for server version:
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.12/2.6.12-ck5/patch-2.6.12-ck5-server.bz2

web:
http://kernel.kolivas.org
all patches:
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/
Split patches available.

Changes since 2.6.12-ck4:
-schedbatch2.8.diff
+schedbatch2.9.diff
A rare stall on hyperthreading was addressed and now batch tasks suspend
properly.

-schediso2.12.diff
SCHED_ISO was dropped entirely. It broke in ck4, and there is now a decent
defacto standard for unprivileged realtime in mainline kernel with realtime
RLIMITS so I'm supporting the use of that instead.

-isobatch_ionice2.diff
+batch_ionice.diff
Remove check for SCHED_ISO

-HZ-864.diff
It seems there were far more areas of the kernel not ready for this Hz value
than I could have anticipated much to my dismay even though all code should
be written in a HZ neutral fashion. Return normal -ck to HZ=1000 and change
ck-server to HZ=100.

-patch-2.6.12.3
+patch-2.6.12.4.bz2
Latest stable series