RE: Wireless support

From: Alejandro Bonilla
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 13:57:43 EST

> > > Any idea how much hardware is out there that needs
> ndiswrapper to work?
> >
> > No real idea but an educated guess: too much...
> >

> I like the idea of blacklisting anything with a native driver (even a
> partially working one), but leaving alone the stuff that is completely
> unsupported.
>
> Lee

The Point is!!! We like more Open Source, I use open Source hardware, I use
hardware that works in Linux, I use hardware were the manufacturer cares
about Linux. And people that use ndiswrapper is because the manufacturer
does not care about Linux.

I wouldn't even buy hardware from people that think they don't need to make
Drivers or release info for Linux because most of his customers are using
Windows.

Again, the point is that ndiswrapper is a great project, but people uses it
for the leftovers! We *shouldn't* buy leftovers or from Manuf that don't
care about Linux.

.Alejandro