Re: sluggish/very slow usb mouse on hp nx6110 notebook => acpiproblem

From: JG
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 15:11:40 EST

hi,

thanks for your reply. i've resolved the thing by changing the kernel
config. i don't know what exactly solved it, my guess is that now i
don't have ACPI as modules anymore but compiled in. could also be other
things, e.g. i didn't compile in preemption anymore.

the new config is attached and i'm running 2.6.12-gentoo-r7 now.

> Indicates a bug in kacpid or similar. Could you make sure you compile in
> "Magic SysRq key" under "Kernel Hacking" and boot the vanilla-2.6.13-rc6
> (some recent acpi changes have gone in) and then wait for kacpid
> to go nuts and do
> Alt+Sysrq+t 4 times and then run 'dmesg -s 100000 > logfile' and
> send logfile over here so that we can see what kacpid is up to.

on the weekend i also tested 2.6.13-rc4-mm1, attached is the logfile
from 2.6.13-rc4-mm1, if it doesn't help please tell me, then i'll retest
latest vanilla tomorrow.

tx,
JG