Compiling module-init-tools versions after v3.0

From: Andrew Haninger
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 17:10:51 EST

Hello.

I'm trying to upgrade one of my machines to module-init-tools-3.2-pre8
so that I can better assist a driver developer in debugging some
issues with the OPL3SA2 driver from ALSA.

The machine is currently running a slightly-modified Slackware 9.1
distribution (I've updated several packages to support the 2.6 kernel
and other upgrades since the first install). I currently have
module-init-tools 3.0 installed but I'd like to install version
3.2-pre8.

The problem is that compiling module-init-tools versions after 3.0
seem require docbook-utils (the compile fails on a docbook2man
operation) to be installed and docbook-utils requires jade which will
not compile. I found one jade package called jade-1.2.1 (from '98 or
'99) which will not compile. I tried openjade, but it does not seem to
work when compiling docbook-tools (I made a symlink from the openjade
binary to "jade").

Is there some other package that I'm overlooking that's required to
get docbook-utils installed? If not, how have other people compiled
and installed newer versions of module-init-tools?

Thanks.

-Andy