Re: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII

From: Michael Thonke
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 13:28:53 EST

Jeff Garzik schrieb:

Michael Thonke wrote:

Hello Jeff,

I would like to ask what the plans/timeplan to implement NCQ support for NVidia NForce4(CK804) SATAII based chipsets? Fact is that is it possible to use NCQ with NForce4 SATAII on Windows system, I wonder why it isn't support by libata? Is there something in your git-tree? Or what are the reasons/problems behind that libata is missing NCQ support for (CK804) SATAII?

Ask NVIDIA. They are the only company that gives me -zero- information on their SATA controllers.

I thought of that.. *sigh*

As such, there are -zero- plans for NCQ on NVIDIA controllers at this time.

Could it be possible to make reverse engeneering? I think they should work as the SATA-IO SATAII specification says.

Jeff, I will also contact NVidia to ask for specification or information about it.

Jeff

/Michael

--
Michael Thonke