Re: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII

From: Michael Thonke
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 13:52:58 EST

Jeff Garzik schrieb:

Ask NVIDIA. They are the only company that gives me -zero- information on their SATA controllers.

Hello again,

Jeff, did you found any informations about NForce4 SATA Controller?
I found a Product Brief/Specification and a Blockdiagramm.

Also found out that the CK804 supports TCQ/NCQ

-> snip

nForce4 Ultra and nForce4 SLi can support tagged command queuing and
native command queuing when used with SATA hard disks that support
these features

-->

As such, there are -zero- plans for NCQ on NVIDIA controllers at this time.

Jeff

If NVidia followed the SATA-IO spec than should be possible to make them work with NCQ, or do I think wrong of that?
Or isn't it possible?

/Michael

--
Michael Thonke