Re: 2.6.13-rc5 -> 2.6.13-rc6: ACPI patches seems break the kernel

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 18:13:41 EST

On 8/10/05, thomas.mey3r@xxxxxxxx <thomas.mey3r@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
> My machine (i386, acer 1350) stops to work with 2.6.13-rc6. it works with "acpi=off". the abend seems to be a total deadlock. no system request keys works. no oops with log level 9.
> could someone please have a look at this?

Perhaps if you provided a little more detail it would be easier for
someone to figure out what's wrong.

Your kernel config, your /proc/cpuinfo contents, and various other
bits of info listed in the REPORTING-BUGS file in the kernel source
dir, would probably be valuable to anyone wanting to investigate this
(not me though, I don't know anything about this area).

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>