Re: [patch 6/7] mm: lockless pagecache

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 09:08:09 EST

Hi Pekka,

Pekka Enberg wrote:
Hi Nick,

On 8/11/05, Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

+unsigned find_get_pages_nonatomic(struct address_space *mapping, pgoff_t start,
+ unsigned int nr_pages, struct page **pages)
+{
+ unsigned int i;
+ unsigned int ret;

Rename to nr_pages?

+ unsigned int ret2;

Rename to ret?

+
+ /*
+ * We do some unsightly casting to use the array first for storing
+ * pointers to the page pointers, and then for the pointers to
+ * the pages themselves that the caller wants.
+ */
+ rcu_read_lock();
+ ret = radix_tree_gang_lookup_slot(&mapping->page_tree,
+ (void ***)pages, start, nr_pages);
+ ret2 = 0;
+ for (i = 0; i < ret; i++) {

Pretty please? :-)

Hey that's not actually a bad idea.

I was thinking about how to make that function nicer,
but the voices in my head just kept telling me to rename
'i' to 'ret3' ;)

So, thanks!

Nick

--