Re: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII

From: Michael Thonke
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 10:18:46 EST

Lee Revell schrieb:

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 09:09 +0200, Gábor Lénárt wrote:

I want to buy a new system including
motherboard with some Athlon64 CPU. I was told that nforce4 chipset is
the "right" choice. However I'm using *only* Linux

Who told you that? Some Windows user?

(1.)
There is no other way to use a nearly good chipset for AMD64 cpus.
Via's chipsets are really buggy not acceptable, so what else ULi/Ali who cares where to buy?
Any hardware from them on european market..can't see them until yesterday.

It's common knowledge that Nvidia is not Linux friendly. Their business
is making hardware so people can play games on Windows.

(2.)
This is not correct, not everybody play games only on windows or only buy hardware for gaming..
reasons please look at (1.)

Anything that
their lawyers think might have a 0.0001% chance of interfering with that
business model in the slightest bit will not happen.

Lee

*ironic*
Mh so I should take my lawyer and say..hey NVidia cheated me..can't use there hardware completly under Linux but I bought it and can't use it correctly.
*ironic off*

Sum it up either use Intel and Intel Hardware or die on Linux...*frustrated*

Greets & Best regards
Michael

--
Michael Thonke