cx88 teletext not yet implemented -was- Re: Linux-2.6.13-rc6: aic7xxxtesters please..

From: Michael Krufky
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 10:38:57 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:

I can also report that teletext decoding has ceased to work
here. But I'm not sure what kernel version killed it. Currently
running 2.6.13-rc6. But my card is cx88 based, a pcHDTV-3000. But
attempting to switch it on/off doesn't seem to generate any output
indicating it failed, it just Doesn't Work(TM)

Gene-

By teletext, I assume you are referring to closed captions. Are you sure that closed captions EVER worked for you on a cx88-based card? AFAIK, this feature has not yet been implemented. I am not at home now, so I cannot try it, however, IIRC, closed captions is implemented in bttv, and not yet in cx88.

This is a v4l issue, not a dvb issue, however, it is NOT an issue. This is not a regression, because the feature has not yet been implemented.

Gene, if I am wrong, (this is possible) then please provide the last kernel version that had this feature correctly implemented. I don't think that I am wrong, though. Please investigate this and confirm that this is an actual regression or not.

Cheers,

--
Michael Krufky