Re: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII

From: Michael Thonke
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 12:45:31 EST

Lennart Sorensen schrieb:

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 01:20:56PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:

What specifically does not work, on VIA+AMD64 combination, under Linux?

My Athlon64 with VIA chipset works great.

Mine does too. Asus A8V Deluxe. No problems so far. Everything on the
board I have tried just works.

AMD X2 DualCore?

Can't say my A7N8X-E Deluxe has any real issues either. I may only get
ac97 audio level out of the nifty DSP, but I hardly use sound on the
system anyhow, so I don't mind. forcedeth driver works for networking,
sil3112a sata works with WD drives no problem, nvidia ide controller
seems to work fine with dvd drives, firewire works, yukon sk98lin works

Yes, Marvell, Silicon Image no problem as they provide OpenSource drivers.
On a normal setup is nearly everything okay.

I hold up a hardware testlab to find b** *features* the specification don't show/hold.
Things that can go scary for production usage - that's my job.

too, usb is fine. No complaints from me.

USB works also great for all chipsets :-)

Len Sorensen

Michael

--
Michael Thonke