Re: cx88 teletext not yet implemented -was- Re: Linux-2.6.13-rc6:aic7xxx testers please..

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 16:54:27 EST

On Thursday 11 August 2005 11:38, Michael Krufky wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>>I can also report that teletext decoding has ceased to work
>>here. But I'm not sure what kernel version killed it. Currently
>>running 2.6.13-rc6. But my card is cx88 based, a pcHDTV-3000. But
>>attempting to switch it on/off doesn't seem to generate any output
>>indicating it failed, it just Doesn't Work(TM)
>
>Gene-
>
>By teletext, I assume you are referring to closed captions. Are you
>sure that closed captions EVER worked for you on a cx88-based card?
>AFAIK, this feature has not yet been implemented. I am not at home
> now, so I cannot try it, however, IIRC, closed captions is
> implemented in bttv, and not yet in cx88.
>
>This is a v4l issue, not a dvb issue, however, it is NOT an issue.
> This is not a regression, because the feature has not yet been
> implemented.
>
>Gene, if I am wrong, (this is possible) then please provide the last
>kernel version that had this feature correctly implemented. I don't
>think that I am wrong, though. Please investigate this and confirm
> that this is an actual regression or not.
>
>Cheers,

Its entirely possible that the last time I saw it work was in fact on
a bt878 card, one I junked because the tuner was apparently damaged,
needing something like 10,000 u-v to give a useable picture. I
assumed (theres that word again) that the CC decoding was seperately
handled by inspecting the output video data stream regardless of its
source. Mentally to me, that then would have been a tvtime function
and not a cx88 function. It makes far more sense to me anyway.

Sorry for the false alarm.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)