Re: Soft lockup in e100 driver ?

From: Stephen D. Williams
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 22:12:10 EST

"noapic" didn't work, nor did "noacpi", etc.
Going to 2.6.13-rc6.2 solved the problem (once I integrated udev, etc.).

The chipset is an Intel 8x0 something. Unfortunately, there is a heatsink semi-permanently installed over everything. Is there a /proc pseudofile that will give me good identifying chipset info to report here?

If there is a FAQ for this, we should post a message about it once in a while.
Nothing here indicates chipset:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/reporting-bugs.html

The CPU is an Intel Celeron CPU 2.00GHz running at 1495.772 MHz, 128MB cache.

sdw