Re: [2.6 patch] remove support for gcc < 3.2

From: Maciej W. Rozycki
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 05:41:08 EST

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > -sh-3.00# cat cpuinfo
> > cpu : VAX
> > cpu type : KA43
> > cpu sid : 0x0b000006
> > cpu sidex : 0x04010002
> > page size : 4096
> > BogoMIPS : 10.08
> > -sh-3.00# cat version
> > Linux version 2.6.12 (jbglaw@d2) (gcc version 4.1.0 20050803 (experimental)) #2 Wed Aug 3 23:42:11 CEST 2005
>
> Any change we will see this code in mainline?
> Or do you wait for a 25th anniversary of your hardware, or something like that?
> ;-)

I guess the 25th anniversary has already happened -- there was even a
nice history of DEC computing published at that time as it coincided with
the 50th anniversary of the company itself. That's for VAX in general,
rather than a specific implementation, though.

Anyway I second the question, although I have a bit more interest in this
area these days and I may push the merge myslef if nobody else bothers.
;-)

Maciej