Re: IT8212/ITE RAID

From: James Tabor
Date: Sun Aug 14 2005 - 16:16:21 EST

Daniel Drake wrote:
CaT wrote:

1. Alan Cox's IDE driver that was included in his ac patchset, which
seems to have died at 2.6.11ac7.
2. A brief visit from a SCSI IDE driver in Andrew Mortons mm patchset.
It lived a brief but noted life before being taken out without any
reason (that I spotted) in 2.6.12-rc4-mm1

Alan's driver has been merged into 2.6.13. You can get the up-to-date patches here:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches/trunk/2.6.12/2315_ide-no-lba.patch
http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches/trunk/2.6.12/4345_it8212.patch

Daniel
Hi All!
So far I'm having good luck with Alans patch, 2.6.11ac7. I have all the
ports used and it boots and writes Cd's too.

Thanks Alan,
James